Need Tooth Fillings in Glenmore Park? Trust The Bright Dental Group
If you need one or more tooth fillings in Glenmore Park then you’re certainly not alone. Statistics tell us that the average Australian has 3.28 dental fillings. Thankfully when the time comes to get your cavities repaired, you can rest assured that the team at the Bright Dental Group are dedicated to repairing and restoring your teeth in a caring and compassionate way.
Why fill a tooth cavity?
In many cases, tooth cavities aren’t painful. So while you may feel a slight twinge when you drink something hot or cold, why bother?
If left untreated, cavities can become infected and problematic as decay sets in. When this happens, you may need a root canal or worse still a tooth extraction. For this reason, dental fillings here in Glenmore Park plug the cavity gap, preventing any infection and prolonging the life of the tooth.
Types of tooth fillings in Glenmore Park NSW
Here at the Bright Dental Group, our dentist uses mercury-free tooth fillings. So gone are those rather obvious silver amalgam fillings that are noticeable when you smile and instead, we’ve chosen to use composite white fillings. They are easy to fit and take a short time to do. Moreover, aesthetically, they represent a flawless finish that complements your smile.
Here’s how the process works
- Firstly, our dentist will administer a local anaesthetic to the area. You may feel a slight pinch as the needle goes in, but it will only be for a few seconds.
- After a minute or so the anaesthetic should have taken effect. When you’re good to go we’ll gently remove any bacteria from the cavity area.
- Next, we’ll clean the tooth and put special glue. Then, our dentist will apply resin to the tooth.
- Once applied the compound is hardened using a curing light.
- Finally, the dentist will check your bite and polish if necessary.
Simple, easy and effective – what’s more, the whole process takes around 20 minutes or less!
If you have sensitive teeth and haven’t undergone a dental check-up in a while, it may be worth visiting our dentists. It may be that one or more tooth fillings in Glenmore Park are all it takes to keep your teeth remaining healthy. Call us today to book an appointment.